Confessions of a (Recovering) Introvert

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Confessions of a (Recovering) Introvert 

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions" 🦄


Ok first...can we talk about my new HAWAII water shoes- these land & sea beauties are going to do SO much adventuring in a month! 🐳🌊

I'm feeling really grateful that we're able to take this trip and to really make the MOST of our time here (on earth).🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️
In my previous life (LBB *Life before Beachbody), when I finally DID get some time off...I could never actually afford to go anywhere. It really sucked.🙇🏼‍♀️

I've been thinking about that a lot... I'm in a season of life where I'm hyper focused on being a good steward of the income, time and lifestyle I've been blessed with....And balancing that with really making the most out of the ONE life I've been given.

That means...
-- Getting out of my shell/comfort zone 🐢
-- SAVING money (Goodbye Amazon Prime! ha) 💵
-- Not being afraid to ask for something🙋🏼
-- Lighting the way for others💡
-- Putting my goals out there for the Universe (sounds hokey but I swear it works)🗝

So where do my introvert confessions come into play...

In *LBB, I really kept to myself. I didn't post a lot on Facebook. When I was out and about, I kept my head down...didn't talk to anyone. I wouldn't say I was mean or rude...but I just wanted to get in, get out with MINIMAL human interaction. 👤

For me, that led to a pessimistic, judgmental attitude. So uncool.

When Beachbody came along, I started to force myself out of my shell. I smiled at people. Talked to people and discovered ...hey! I like this! Human interaction is a NECESSITY to happiness. I was cutting myself off from a world of amazing people and experiences (JUST BECAUSE ?!?!) 😧

This weekend, Rich & I decided to head to the mall to pick up some island essentials. I made a decision before we left that I was going to stay in charge of my brain and not just buy because we can. I put some money saving juju out into the universe haha and off we went. 👫

We ended up at Sperry...and a nice, young salesmen was trying to be friendly and helpful. The OLD ME would have brushed him off & put walls up as if to say...Approach me if you dare. 🙎
But...I made a conscious effort NOT to do that. HECK, I used to be that hopeful store employee just wanting to be of help!

So we chatted with him...found some shoes we liked. I even asked him if there were any discounts or coupons available. Normally I wouldn't have been so bold to ask...but you can't get what you don't ask for 😊 

Issue- there was only one pair left in my size and the left shoe was MIA⁉️Then woahh...the tiny store got crazy busy all of the sudden.
OLD ME- Would have just slipped out the door...the thought of a tightly packed store and someone having to search for a missing shoe would set off my social anxiety.

I decided to ask if we could come back when things slowed down. Give them some time to look for my missing shoe...and give us some time for lunch! 🍴

We ended up back after lunch...and as it turns out...then not only found my shoe...but gave Rich and I BOTH a nice discount on our shoes. 🙌🏻AND gifted us with a Dry Bag for our trip (If you don't know what this is, they are amazing! They keep all of your goodies dry when you're in the water).👏

We had an awesome day. We didn't let little things bug us. We asked for what we wanted. We SAVED money ANNDD we made some new friends.
We ended up staying and chatting with the employees about babies & all sorts of things...and this INTROVERT actually enjoyed it! 😌

So...I'm really happy about these water shoes...and even more so because I stepped outside of my bubble.😸

Release yourself of the old habits/mindsets that aren't working for you, and you open yourself up to so many new experiences 

Any other fellow introverts out there?

Some of my favorite book selections to help:

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -