6 Tips for Becoming a Successful Beachbody Coach

Monday, August 18, 2014

MY STORY
I'm a college dropout. There I said it. It still feels odd- (not to toot my own horn but...) I always had amazing grades, took the SATs in 8th grade, graduated High School with college credits in only 3 years...I actually LOVED school. toot toot nerd alert!

I went to college. Unfortunately my minimum wage job wasn't bringing in enough income to pay for school- it barely covered books and a bus pass. My family was caught in that awful trap of "parents earn too much for financial aid" ...but with 4 kids...there wasn't enough to go around.
On top of that, I not only had NO credit...I had HORRIBLE credit at the age of 18 due to identity theft.  Couldn't catch a break doesn't even describe it. lol

Two years in, I was unable to register for the next semester because I owed $5k. Long story short, I ended up leaving school to work...and never went back.

At the time, I landed a promotion with a retail store making $25,000/year. That was the most money I had ever heard of so I gladly accepted!
A year goes by.... 3% raise...another year...another 3%...and I started to realize what a terrible TRAP I was in.

I worked my way up to $45k over my seven year career there...but still was struggling to make ends meet.  If you've ever worked retail, you know that means LONG HOURS...stressful days...and little recognition or reward.

I was unfulfilled at my job. I was stressed to the max. I was eating fast food everyday (and wondering why I was 20 lbs overweight since I was being "healthy" by eating at Subway).
I missed every weekend get together and family holiday- and when I was there- I was so tired that I slept through it. I missed Thanksgiving 2009 because I slept on my sister's couch the whole day.

Enter Beachbody


Despite the long crazy hours at work, I went to the gym everyday. I was really upset about my weight. That 20 lbs haunted me. I felt like I couldn't be myself...I couldn't go have fun because I would DIE if anyone saw my fat rolls
I am SOO uncomfortable here! 
I was killing myself at the gym- getting on the treadmill because that's the only machine I knew how to use. I didn't know anything about nutrition. 
My gym was 24 hours, so I would always go late at night after my shift at work. Luckily, I kept seeing an infomercial for "P90X"

Something about it intrigued me. After 4 months of thinking about it, I finally ordered it (in secret of course! I didn't want my friends to know I fell for a "infomercial").  I took a HUGE leap of faith and joined as a coach right away because I wanted that 25% off! 

LIFE CHANGING! Yes, it was hard. Yes, I sucked! Yes, I failed at it 4 times...but I kept going and I'm forever grateful to the younger me for doing so! 
This might be an odd picture to share- but I NEVER wore shorts before this! 
My P90X Transformation- before I knew how to take good transformation pics! lol

Beachbody CoachingI was so grateful and so excited that I had to share this with everyone I knew. When you find something that changes your life in an amazing way, you don't hold onto it...You shout it from the rooftops.

Here's the interesting part...  Sharing isn't as easy as it sounds sometimes. Especially since I started as a coach before I had a transformation! Day 1 as a coach...I didn't have result yet. My friends and family were skeptical. Your friends and family have seen every stupid thing you've ever done, so they can be a lil hesitant to just blindly follow you. So I cut them a little slack lol
They didn't understand this "weird Shakeology stuff" and thought the workouts were too hard, too expensive, etc..I didn't know where to begin...but I had this feeling deep in my CORE that this was my calling and my purpose!
HOWEVER...in my first few months...ALL evidence pointed to the contrary LOL

Read More here
Luckily for me, a few people DID trust in me and DID try Shakeology! Just like with your weight loss...it doesn't happen overnight. Your business will not grow magically.
I've been a coach for about 3 years now...making six figures with this little online biz ...not bad for a college dropout! 



Case-in-point: I shared my journey when I started and no one LIKED it! hahah

6 Tips on How to KICK BUTT in this business & create a life you love! 

Some of you may be thinking... "Well it's easy for her because..."
"She's so lucky because..."
I thought that TOO!! (about MY coach! haha)

I'm here to debunk all of those self defeating beliefs & get you on the road to success! But before we go on...understand that there is no "secret sauce" or magic potion.

  1. Start with YOU
     'It's not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it's what you whisper to yourself that has the most power! 
    You can be your biggest cheerleader OR your greatest enemy. Be careful with how to speak to yourself. If you have self limiting beliefs that hold you back- identify them.
    (Ex: I'm such an unorganized person! I never follow through with anything! I'm just meant to be fat!)

    The stronger those beliefs, the more they seem unshakeable, and the more evidence you seem to find to support them. (ex: I was born this way. This is just how I am.)

    If that is your inner monologue, gosh, it's not very friendly or inspiring.  Stop defining yourself with these beliefs- take each one and write the opposite on a notecard.
    (Ex: I am an organized person who follows through and achieves her goals!)
    If you catch yourself saying negative things, repeat your positive mantra over and over until you feel it!

    Don't look at others with envy- use them as inspiration and challenge yourself to take one step closer to your goal each day.
    If you don't believe in yourself, do you think people will be inspired to follow you?  Probably not.
    If you aren't drinking your Shakeology daily, eating healthy and doing your workouts, do you think people will be inspired to do theirs?
    Light the path for others =)
  2. Consistency is Key!  I cannot emphasize this point enough.

    “The path to success is through a continuum of mundane, unsexy, unexciting, and sometimes difficult daily disciplines compounded over time” - Darren Hardy  


    While the process of success isn't sexy, the RESULTS are! 

    Don't expect instant results- change is not immediate. And consider this...your friends and family (the people who have witnessed every silly thing you've ever done...) need some proof!
    They need to see a track record of success before they jump on this bandwagon. 

    If you're one foot out the door...if you're not being consistent...that sends a message to them that you aren't serious about this or that you don't completely believe it in. 
    Actions speak louder than words. Show up everyday.
  3. Don't be afraid to fail. It's how your learn
    When you were a baby, you learned to walk on your FIRST try?!?! ...yea me neither.

    As a child, you understand the value in failure. Each time you fail, you learn...adjust your approach...and try again. 
    So why does the prospect of failing seem so scary as an adult?  I don't know...but get over it! The sooner you realize that failing is another word for "learning", the sooner you can build an amazing business. Check your ego at the door.
    "It's the start that stops most people" but not you!
     
  4. LMGTFY  "Let me Google that for you"
    Have you ever owned your own business? I have not. I learned everything I know through good ole fashioned failing forward....and GOOGLE
    Do not wait around for training from someone else or rely on your upline coach to grow your business. Take OWNERSHIP of your education.

    As you think of your future team, I'm sure you would love to see some independent/take charge kind of people. They are out there- they are looking for a leader who emulates what they want. Become that leader!
    You attract the type of coach that you are.

    If you don't know how to do something or you need an answer, there is no shortage of FREE tools to train you and help you figure it out (ex: this blog post & My Coach Command Center :P )

    While you shouldn't wait around for your upline- they are always willing to help! Contact your Star Diamond upline to see what trainings they offer!
  5. Treat your business like a Business  You don't fail to show up for work & expect to get a paycheck. Your business is no different- if you aren't putting in the effort, you can't expect to see results.
    There is a difference between being productive and "busywork."
    Busywork could be "finding the perfect motivation picture on pinterest" - for three hours.
    OR scrolling through your Facebook news feed. While I love doing both of those things, they are not HELPING anyone and they are not growing my business. The best thing to do is work from a list.
    Set up "office hours" Meaning set aside some time to work on your business (even if it's only 15 min at a time), and create a workspace! For me, that was my kitchen table. But I cleared off the table, busted out a planner and got to work
    To this day, I still use this list.

    Amazing training from Barbie Decker!
  6. Don't fall into the perfection trap
    At the end of the day, I can give you guidance and advice all day long...but unless you are willing to implement it...you won't see results. 
    Maybe you like lists/order and everything wrapped up with a tight little "Here's- how-to-Work-your-BB-business" Bow
    ...but this business is unique for everyone- you chose who you work with, how and when. You chose how to market yourself....how you share your story....which is why I love it so much...but it can be overwhelming.

    I relate this to remodeling your kitchen- the PROSPECT of choosing everything seems FUN at first...but soon...when you're faced with picking the tile, the grout color, the paint color, the knobs on the cabinets...you can get OVERWHELMED and FROZEN with FEAR. 
    BEWARE of the "perfection trap" aka wanting everything to be so perfect that you never make ANY choices or take ANY action because you don't want to mess it up ...you'll end up without a business (or a kitchen lol)

Come to terms with the fact that it IS going to be a learning experience- and you will have to "fail forward". In fact, you will probably SUCK. You'll prob suck at a lot of things at first.

I still learn everything simply by googling it and watching successful people from afar LOL (www.marieforleo.com)

I had ZERO experience...I've built my business on three things 1. Consistency 2. Persistence 3. Good old fashioned trial and error

Cozy up with T&E (trial and error) because it's about your become your BFF

You've got this! You have so many tools to build this business! Remember the mission, our purpose, your goals and just lead with your heart.
If you have people's best interest at heart and you plug away a little each day, I PROMISE YOU, you will look back and be amazed at what you've built.


I look back and I'm blown away. From the friendships to the success stories...from the FREEDOM to the confidence and peace of mind...Beachbody has changed my life completely.

I know first hand what an unbelievable BLESSING this business can be- I believe in you guys! If you are reading this...you KNOW you are meant for greatness!
Go out there are SHINE!!!

For more training :: Kati's Coach Training::

My Beachbody Blessings
My best friends! Strong woman who support me! 
Confidence and health! I want to be like Betty White- 100 and still making TV shows !

My family! I met my wonderful Fiance through Beachbody 
My Beachbody Family! 

We got our dream house! 

Repping my INCREDIBLE team!  





Bombshells Mean Business! 
Inspired to join me?

Apply below!
(Available for non-coaches only please) 


Fill out my application at this link or below!


I can't wait to partner up with you! 

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -