The Weight of the Nation from HBO

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It was so surreal coming home. I know my house inside and out but I felt like I was having an out of body experience- going through all of the cabinets and closets! I have stuff!!! A LOT of stuff! In Santa Monica, I got so used to living with the minimum. It was actually nice- I remember watching an episode of Oprah (love her!) where they toured different houses around the world. I believe it was the Swedish family that had virtually no possessions.  They had a beautiful home- absolutely stunning design. But no knicknacks, no pillows on the couch, no magazines on the coffee table- bare! 


When Oprah asked what it was like...the husband replied...."Less stuff, more LIFE"

That has stuck with me ever since and I think I finally understand.  I did have a full life without being attached to a lot of possessions. Now that I'm home and realized that I have 3 closets full of clothes...I am conflicted. What can I say...I like options! lol 

And of course...I missed my babies more than ANYTHING. Look how cute she is!! squeeellll!


I am also loving my the familiarity of my old routine. 

Wake up- 2 glasses of water
Workout- Cardio
Breakfast- Egg whites and oatmeal (add cinnamon, almonds & stevia)
Snack- Shakeology
Lunch- Chicken and 2 cups of greens
Snack- veggies & hummus OR greek yogurt plus protein powder
Dinner- Chicken and 2 cups of greens/veggies
Snack- Protein Shake

If you haven't tried Greek Yogurt yet, what are you waiting for? It tastes like ICING!
1 Cup Plain 0% fat Greek Yogurt
Dash of cinnamon
1 scoop BNS Dessert- Vanilla Protein Powder

Mix- and eat directly off the spatula so you feel like you're eating icing ;)


This is a bit random- but this is my Paula Deen spatula. I don't know if you've ever seen her kitchen stuff...but it's AMAZING. The paring knives are outta this world =)

Anywayyyy the reason I wanted to post something today was to share the HBO special "The Weight of the Nation" 

You can go on their site and watch it for FREE. It will bring you to tears and INSPIRE you. Go watch!! 


1 comment:

  1. I like the protein powder/yogurt idea. I have a big bag of vanilla protein powder from when I was pregnant and would get sick without a big blast of protein in the morning. It's sat around and now that I'm hitting the ChaLEAN program, I can see a use for it!

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -