Almond Crusted Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries and Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I love my food processor!! Ok, so I probably didn't NEED to use it today...but hey...I paid a lot for that thing. I want to get my moneys worth!
Originally I was going to stick with something simple...but I got the itch to make something yummy. 


On the menu tonight:
  • Almond Crusted Chicken
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein bread!


Almond Crusted Chicken
1 egg white
3 teaspoons water
6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped (I threw mine in the food processor)
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
One bowl for eggs, one for almonds & then a dish for baking it in
Directions
1. Whisk egg white, water, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Dip the chicken breast into the egg mixture and then in almonds.
Chicken before I put them it in the oven
From here you have options...
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with unrefined coconut oil. Sautee chicken on one side over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked through
OR
2. Bake in glass dish at 350 degrees until cooked through for approx 15 minutes (this is what I did)
Sweet Potato Fries or Chips!




Sweet Potatoes (I made 3)
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Seasonings (optional) I used Cajun Seasoning on 1 pan
Directions:
1. Set the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Peel the potato or leave the skin on -Note: the skin has nutrition benefits. I peeled them this time...just because lol

3. Cut taters in half, then cut into little fries. 



4. In a bowl I mixed 1/4 C olive oil, pepper, salt, and seasonings. Throw your "fries" in there and mix it all around until they are nice and covered.


5. Spread out on pan- make sure they are not touching or they will "sweat" Ewww! If you like them more crispy and avoid soggy fries...do yourself a favor and make sure they don't touch. 

6. Bake for 15 minutes. Resist the urge to mess with them. After 15 min you are free to take them out and flip them. Bake for another 10 min.

Noooowwww time for the GOOD stuff!!


Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread from Bodybuilding.com


She has an AWESOME video that explains how to make it on the site!


Ingredients:
1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups oat flour (I made my own! I threw rolled oats in the food processor)

2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I used BSN Dessert- Whipped French Vanilla)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw
2 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.

Made my own Oat Flour =) 

From this...to oat flour. Put in food processor for a few min.

Protein Powder that I used- Whipped Vanilla YUMMMM


I used Truvia. I just ran to the store nearest to my house and they did't have the bag...so I had to use the packets! lol 
In small bowl combine: (set aside)
1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol)
2 tsp cinnamon
Combine Dry ingredients
 In a large bowl combine: (whisk together)
1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw

In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to lrg bowl)
2 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)

I put the batter back in the food processor to mix. Honestly, I did it just to get more use outta the thing ;)

Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter).


Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top.
Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 24 to 28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.
The house smells soooo good


To make the "frosting" combine 1 container of 0% fat Greek Yogurt with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. Mix!

Mmmmm!
Soooo tasty!!

I ate 1/3 of the pan!!! I couldn't resist the cinnamon!! I'm soooo full! 

Little Sydney being a lazy bum lol 


Nutrition Facts:
Makes 16 squares
1 square = 55 calories, 1 g fat, 8 g carbs, 5 g protein

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -