P90X2 Vegetarian Meal Plan!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Prepare your meals ahead of time!! I PREACH this! Try it for one week and I swear you'll never go back! At first it seemed a little annoying to me to spend ALL of this time in the kitchen on Sunday.

The OLD me
When I would grocery shop, I didn't have a list. I would walk down the aisles and pick up what looked good in the moment. No game plan. No Strategy- It makes NO sense!
I never thought ahead about what I was going to eat- translation: I ate a lot of frozen meals or grabbed fast food. I would go hungry for hours, then binge eat.

Me Now
I have a system. I have a routine. I have a PLAN. I sit down on Sunday with my cookbooks and notepad and make my meal plan for the week. yes, it was hard AT FIRST but it FORCED me to LEARN!! It forced me to THINK about what I was going to eat and then PREPARE for it!
it's crazy to think that while we KNOW we need to eat several times during the day...so many people give it little to no thought until they are in the moment and hungry. That leaves you vulnerable and you tend to grab what is CONVENIENT.
***MAKE HEALTHY CONVENIENT!!! There's a thought =)

Sooo I make my meal plan and then check my kitchen so I can see what I need. Then I make a list and STICK TO IT! I don't stray! I don't even go down most of the aisles. If I can't SEE ice cream, it doesn't exist! lol
If you are vulnerable in the store and buy those naughty things, you KNOW you are going to eat them later. If you can be STRONG enough to pass them up in the store...you won't have the temptation at home. I used to have things like ice cream (can you tell it's my FAV?) but what would happen....since I KNEW they were there...it was like they were calling my name "Eattttt meeeee" I couldn't concentrate on anything else until I ate it.

My P90X 2 Meal Plan (Vegetarian)


Post workout: P90X Results & Recovery 2 scoops mixed with water

First Meal1 cup oatmeal with 1 tbs wheat germ ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 baked apple & Beachbody Multivitamin 

Meal 2: Shakeology

Meal 3: Mediterranean Arugula Salad (See recipe below)

Meal 4: 2 Cups baby carrots & broccoli, 2 Tbsp Homemade Red Pepper Hummus! =) Recipe Below!

Meal 5: Vegan Lettuce Wrap & 1 Cup of veggies juiced in my Jack LaLanne!

Post workout: 1 scoop Brown rice protein powder mixed with water

Recipe Time!
Oatmeal with Baked Apples
Cut & Core Apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cover with foil- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 min

Put Baked apples in Food processor, process until it's like apple sauce 

Yummy!

Add to Oatmeal! Refrigerate! Reheat and Eat!
Mediterranean Arugula Salad


Hummus


2 15oz cans of chickpeas drained & rinsed
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons tahini
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
water for thinning out
salt, to taste
1/4 roasted red pepper

Place chickpeas in food processor or blender with lemon juice, tahini, garlic, roasted red pepper & cumin. Process until very smooth, 1-2 min, stop the machine and scrape down the sides if necessary. Add a little water to thin out. Salt to taste.

I roasted my red pepper. I actually threw the garlic in the food processor then put it inside the red pepper, wrapped in foil and baked at the same time i made the apples.







Vegan Lettuce Wrap


Veggies to juice!

I just started adding Wheat grass to my juice =)

Have you tried the P90X or P90X2 Meal plan? What did you make? Do you have any awesome recipes to share?

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -