What do I eat to get healthy, toned, and fit??

Monday, September 12, 2011

I love being a part of a team because I always have tons of people to bounce ideas off of and ask for advice. Morgan looks absolutely INCREDIBLE so I asked her to share what she typically eats.


A typical day for me would include:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup Oatmeal with 1/2 a scoop of protein powder with a fistful of walnuts.
Lunch: 6oz piece of salmon with some type of veggie. I eat mainly sweet potatoes because they give me alot of energy
Dinner: Egg Whites with some avocado and either oatmeal again or brown rice for my carb.

You want to make sure that your eating protein with every meal. My diet is completely paleo- I don't eat any processed foods.

Here is a list of foods-Lean Meats
• Lean beef (trimmed of visible fat)
• Flank steak
• Top sirloin steak
• Extra-lean hamburger (no more than 7%
fat, extra fat drained off)
• London broil
• Chuck steak
• Lean veal
• Any other lean cut
• Lean pork (trimmed of visible fat)
• Pork loin
• Pork chops
• Any other lean cut
Lean poultry (white meat, skin removed)
• Chicken breast
• Turkey breast

Vegggies
• Asparagus
• Beet greens
• Beets
• Bell peppers
• Broccoli
• Brussels sprouts
• Cabbage
• Carrots
• Cauliflower
• Celery
• Collards
• Cucumber
• Dandelion
• Eggplant
• Endive
• Green onions
• Kale
• Kohlrabi
• Lettuce
• Mushrooms
• Mustard greens
• Onions
• Parsley
• Parsnip
• Peppers (all kinds)
• Pumpkin
• Purslane
• Radish
• Rutabaga
• Seaweed
• Spinach
• Squash (all kinds)
• Swiss chard
• Tomatillos
• Tomato (actually a fruit, but most people
think of it as a vegetable)
• Turnip greens
• Turnips
• Watercress

Fruit
• Apple
• Apricot
• Avocado
• Banana
• Blackberries
• Blueberries
• Boysenberries
• Cantaloupe
• Carambola
• Cassava melon
• Cherimoya
• Cherries
• Cranberries
• Figs
• Gooseberries
• Grapefruit
• Grapes
• Guava
• Honeydew melon
• Kiwi
• Lemon
• Lime
• Lychee
• Mango
• Nectarine
• Orange
• Papaya
• Passion fruit
• Peaches
• Pears
• Persimmon
• Pineapple
• Plums
• Pomegranate
• Raspberries
• Rhubarb
• Star fruit
• Strawberries
• Tangerine
• Watermelon
• All other fruits


I eat alot of nuts too, just make sure that they dont have any salt on them!!!

My diet is also low glycemic which means:The glycemic index diet's popularity has been fueled by claims that low-GI foods can help control appetite and weight and may be useful for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes. The idea is that low-GI foods are absorbed more slowly, allowing dieters to feel full longer and making them less likely to overeat.

Dieters are encouraged to choose carbohydrate foods with a low glycemic index, which tend to be (but are not necessarily) healthier, nutrient-rich, less refined, and higher in fiber -- like whole fruits, vegetables, and beans.

In contrast, higher GI foods "trigger a rise in blood sugar, followed by a cascade of hormonal changes, which tend to make you hungry again sooner because they are metabolized quicker than low-GI foods," explains David Ludwig, MD, PhD, author of Ending the Food Fight.

The blood sugar spikes of high-GI foods are especially problematic for people with diabetes because their bodies have trouble regulating blood sugar. The theory that helped launch all the glycemic index diets is this: If it works to help control blood sugar in diabetic people, then it should work for weight control.

Because the GI diet is an approach to weight loss rather than a specific plan, guidance on fats, protein, alcohol, weight maintenance and exercise vary depending on the plan. Ludwig and most GI diet plans also advocate getting regular exercise and eating moderate amounts of lean protein and healthy fats


Sorry this is alot, but it is really helpful
As for my working out, I do have a personal trainer that I work with one a week and I do private training classes which are pilaties,yoga, and circuit training. I do at least 45 minutes of cardio a day. I just started p90x so Im not too sure on my opinion of it yet. Hope this gave you some insight!! Let me know if you need anything else.

AS for the meat question, I do eat meat yes. I tried to be vegan for a while and it caused me to have alot of stomach issues. Meat does not make you fat, I eat lots of meat. I just try to stick to fish alot of the time and red meat once a week. I eat alot of ground turkey. I have a few friends that are vegan and they have alot of complications. Another tip for you....stay away from dairy, that's the problem not meat.

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -