What to Eat?!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Nutrition was one of the HARDEST things for me to tackle, so I am going to try to post some more meal plans on here and show you what I do. You can change them to your own tastes....I'm pretty picky, but I am trying to branch out more!

Breakfast
5 eggs whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 Tbsp Flaxseed or Chai Seed

(I like to get everything ready the night before because I am not what you would call a "morning person" lol)









Morning Snack
or 1 Scoop Whey Protein and an apple

Lunch
4 oz Chicken breast (size of your fist)
1 cup brocolli ( I like steamed)
3/4 cup Brown Rice

Afternoon Snack
1 Scoop Whey Protein
1/2 banana or 1 apple

Dinner
5 oz Ground Turkey (Turkey Burger! I like it with Chili powder or black pepper)
1 cup zucchini (again, I prefer steamed) 
Mixed Green Salad with approx 15 almonds and 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar dressing

Snack
Shakeology or Whey Protein
1 Tbsp Peanut butter or PB2

This meal plan is approx 1700 calories
To figure out how many calories you should consume if you are trying to lose weight....a good guideline is about 12 calories per lbs of body weight.

Remember to drink plently of WATER throughout the day- don't drink your calories away!
Eat every 2-3 hours- Don't skip meals because it will slow your metabolic rate!

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -