What's Your Reason?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've been thinking a lot about how making 1 single decision set off a chain reaction that not only changed my life...but the lives of those around me.  And the reason I decided to make a commitment to myself...
Looks aren't everything...but if you are not confident or happy with your body, it can affect just about everything in your daily life. When I was not happy with my weight, I felt like it consumed my days.  It's ALL I thought about, not a good feeling....
Countless girls are out there in gyms, running their little hearts out and NOT seeing results...trust me I used to be one of them. I was afraid of lifting weights because I didn't know how...and I thought that was only for guys. Once I made the decision to order P90X and learn something new...I started seeing some serious results. It's about working ALL parts of your body and pushing yourself beyond what you thought was possible. The result: a strong, sexy, healthy body. I learned how to eat right and have an efficient workout. 
Making a change IS hard, making a commitment IS hard, pushing play IS hard, but you are rewarded exponentially for the work you put in. 
We all have excuses and reasons why we can't do something...it's hard, I don't have time, I'm not going to be good at it..etc....
But it all comes down to how important you are to yourself...how important your health is to you...do you want to be 70 and barely able to get out of bed? Or do you want people to be amazed at how well you are able to get around?  How you take care of your body NOW determines how well your body will take care of you later. 
I decided to do another round of P90X because I want to be bikini ready when the time comes.  I just finished up week 1 and I am AMAZED at how much easier it is to me this time around. Don't get me wrong, it's still very challenging and I am SORE (although I think a lot of that is from shoveling the stupid snow lol). But I am getting stronger and leaner Yayy!! 


The cool thing is when you make the decision to change, and start to see results...the people around you will see the positive affects and want to make the change for themselves. Knowing that you are inspiring your friends and family to work toward their goals is what keeps me motivated! So THANK YOU everyone for keeping me on track and focused!! 


After watching this video, it really makes you questions your excuses. 





And of course, I have to share my results for anyone who hasn't seen them yet :)

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -